Welcome to your 30 Days of Spring Skin Fitness & Detox for a healthy, radiant skin!
We’re starting today on the 20th of March, Spring Vernal Equinox and celebrating completion on 20th April 2014, pop the dates into your calendar.
What you will need: Dr. Hauschka products (Cleansing, Toning, Moisturising) for your daily rituals plus Facial Steam Bath or any Hauschka Bath, Cleansing Clay Mask and the Cream Mask most suited for your skin, if you’re not sure check with me. Rhythmic Night Conditioner, or if you have sensitive skin then Rhythmic Conditioner Sensitive. I also find our Cleansing Sponge perfect for easily removing Cleansing Clay Mask.
We’re going to be asking you to complete one night a week each week the following:
1) Facial Steam Bath or Hauschka Bath
2) Cleansing Clay Mask
3) Cream Mask
On another night of the week, cleanse early in the evening, then apply your chosen Cream Mask.
I find it’s helpful to choose a particular night of the week, for me it’s Sunday night for the Facial Steam, Cleansing Clay Mask and Cream Mask and Wednesday or Thursday night for application of Cream Mask.
1) Drink warm water and lemon juice first thing upon waking in the morning and do this every morning.
If it’s going to be easier then juice a pile of lemons, put the juice in ice blocks and freeze. Take one block out each night and place in a cup, so you’re ready for the morning. We need to make this habit nice and easy.
FOOD FACT: start each morning with a warm glass of lemon juice in warm water: aids the body in flushing out toxins, jump starts the digestive tract, aids the liver in its cleansing processes and increases detoxification.
2) ‘Compress and Hydrate’ skin to soften the pores in readiness for cleansing. Use 5 drops of Lemon Lemongrass Bath Essence in your basin water.
Check out our Compress & Hydrate + Press & Roll video
3) Cleansing Cream – ‘press & roll’ technique.
Scrub the bathroom but never ever scrub your skin, way too harsh, it has to last you a lifetime.
4) Toner – close eyes and mist onto the skin, 3 pumps should do.
5) Day Care – should always be warmed between the palms of the hands and applied to skin still moist from Toner. This ensures even and economical application.
Normalising Day Oil – for oily/blemished skin
Melissa Day Cream – for sensitive combination skin
Rose Day Cream Light – for normal or sensitive skin, usually recommended for a younger skin, up to around 35.
Quince Day Cream – for normal skin or sensitive skin
Rose Day Cream – for normal, dry, sensitive, mature skin
Toned Day Cream – tinted moisturiser for normal, dry, sensitive or mature skin
Moisturising Day Cream – for normal, dry, mature/pallid skin
Regenerating Serum & Regenerating Day Cream – specific support for firming a maturing skin
1) ‘Compress and Hydrate’ skin to soften the pores in readiness for cleansing. Use 5 drops of Lemon Lemongrass Bath Essence in the water. If you feel you need something a little more relaxing in readiness for bedtime, you may prefer to use Moor Lavender Bath Essence instead of the Lemon Lemongrass Bath Essence.
2) Cleansing Milk
3) Facial Steam Bath or do a compress with Lemon, Lavender or Sage bath.
4) Cleansing Clay Mask
5) Cream Mask (Rejuvenating, Moisturising, Firming or Soothing Mask)
6) Rhythmic Conditioner – we’ll be using one ampoule per evening for 30 evenings.
Step by step how to do a Facial Steam, Cleansing Clay Mask and Cream Mask for Day 1 which will be repeated weekly during the programme:
1. Compress and hydrate your skin, cleanse with Cleansing Milk, remove with the warm, moist Dr. Hauschka Compress Cloth or Face Cloth.
2. Place 1 heaped teaspoon of Cleansing Clay Mask in a small container in readiness.
3. Dilute two teaspoons of Facial Steam Bath with ½ litre (500ml) of steaming water in a large bowl. Lean over the bowl, covering the head with towel, and steam for 5-10 minutes. Follow with Cleansing Clay Mask.
Note: If you don’t wish to steam, then you may do this step with Facial Steam Bath or Bath Oils and ‘Compress and Hydrate’ instead.
4. While your skin is still warm and moist mix 2 to 2 1/2 teaspoons of water (I use the Facial Steam Bath water) to the Cleansing Clay Mask in the small container. The consistency you want is spreadable, not too thin because it will drip off your face and not too pasty.
5. Apply mask to your face and neck excluding eye contour area ideally with a mask brush, even a pastry brush would do at a push, otherwise your fingers. Apply from the centre of the face outwards. We always work in the direction of lymph flow. Allow to dry, it’s no longer active once dry.
Tip: Watch where the mask dries first. That’s a good indication that particular area of your face is dehydrated. Are you missing that area with your Day Care? Do you need a richer Day Care product?
6. To remove, I find using the Dr. Hauschka Cleansing Sponge the easiest, but a non white face flannel will do, moistened with the now lukewarm facial steam water. Remove easily by damping down the mask first, then wiping.
7. Now apply your Cream Mask (Rejuvenating, Moisturising, Firming or Soothing Mask) including the eye contour area, as an eye mask.
8. Leave on for at least 20 to 30 minutes to absorb. I leave mine on for most of the evening. Remove Cream Mask with a warm moist Compress Cloth before bedtime.
9. Apply the contents of a Rhythmic Conditioner Ampoule. If you are new to Rhythmic Conditioner Ampoules, flick the top to ensure all liquid is in the bottom of the ampoule, then using a towel break off the glass top. Pour 1/2 the contents into the palm of one hand, spread between the palms of the hands and quickly press into the skin and repeat with the balance of the liquid. Apply nothing further to your skin. It’s bedtime.
Note: We do not recommend any heat for a rosacea skin condition – use tepid water for a Compress & Hydrate instead.
Using Facial Steam Bath and Cleansing Clay Mask
Your skin will be feeling more smooth, moisturised and deep cleansed after your great efforts yesterday.
1) Drink your warm water and lemon juice first thing.
2) Compress & Hydrate, Cleansing Cream
4) Day Care
1) Compress & Hydrate, Cleansing Milk
2) Rhythmic Conditioner Ampoule
Apply nothing further to your skin
Repeat Day 2
Morning ritual: same as Day 2.
Evening ritual: cleanse early in the evening then apply your Cream Mask including eye contour area, remove with warm, moist Compress Cloth just prior to bedtime.
Apply Rhythmic Conditioner ampoule then leap into bed with a good book.
Repeat Day 2
Repeat Day 2
Repeat Day 1
This is your weekly routine, so repeat until you reach your 30th evening. By which time your skin will be deep cleansed, nourished, more even toned, soft and radiant.
Great skin care is about using the best possible natural and organic products you can find, which is Dr. Hauschka! Eat fresh, nutritious food and drink 6-8 glasses of water daily. Get 8 hours sleep and put measures in place if you’re stressed – a state of relaxation, happiness and laughter is good for your skin! I can’t function without 1-2 cups of coffee in the morning so that remains for me, even when I’m doing my 30 Day Programme. A 30 minute daily walk in the fresh air is good for your body and your soul, in nature if you can.
You just can’t expect great skin if you eat fast food and drink fizzy drinks. I’m not a fan of any convenience foods which are more like science than food, including overly processed over priced breakfast cereals. Here’s my favourite breakfast I prepare every few weeks.
Easy Grain Free Granola
Instead of oats, it uses a variety of ground nuts. Soaking the nuts overnight makes them easier to digest, and drying them at really low heat preserves the valuable nutrients they provide.
This granola tastes delicious sprinkled over yogurt with fresh fruit, or with a little almond milk.
- 1 cup raw pecans
- 1 cup raw hazelnuts
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- ½ or 1 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 2-3 tablespoon golden flax seeds (omit for SCD)
- 1 egg white
- 2-4 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup honey, melted
- 1-1/2 tablespoons vanilla
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt (plus 1 teaspoon for soaking water)
- 1 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 1 cup raisins or cranberries
*I no longer use the egg white in this recipe and it remains just as crunchy
- Soak all of the nuts in enough water to cover them and mix in 1 teaspoon of salt. Cover, and soak during the day, changing out the water one time if you want.
- Drain the nuts and seeds and place on a paper towel to absorb the remaining water, if you want or just drain well.
- Place all of the nuts and seeds out onto one or two parchment covered dehydrator trays or cookie sheets. Spread it evenly into a thin layer. Roughly chop them until they resemble the size of large oats.
- In a small bowl add in the egg white, coconut oil, cinnamon, honey, vanilla, sea salt. Mix until combined.
- Next, add the flax seeds and Coconut to the roughly chopped nuts and mixed into the nut mixture.
- Put in oven on lowest setting, usually 170 degrees over night. 8 to 12 hours.
- Or Dehydrate on 120 degrees for 24 hours, turning twice. The granola may feel a little sticky and wet when you first remove it, but will crisp up after cooling.
- Stir in the dried fruit, then let cool completely before storing in an airtight container for 2-3 weeks.
Dehydrating is the preferred method for making this granola, but baking it for the shorter time in your oven at its lowest setting will create the same effect, or until completely dried and free of all moisture.
Parts of detox taken from Hauschka Australia